Urban Health Management Information System (UHMIS) Assessment and strengthen capacity of partners in DNCC and DSCC with Concern Worldwide, Bangladesh
Funding and implementation partner
Contracted by: Concern Worldwide, Bangladesh funded by European union.
Implementation partner: Directorate General of Health Services, Bangladesh and Dhaka North and South City Corporations
Start Date: 1 November 2018
Major task / Deliverables
- “Improving Health and Nutrition Status of Urban Extreme Poor” project in conducting an Assessment of Health Service Providers and Dhaka North and South City Corporations to establish an effective and functional Urban Health Management Information System (UHMIS) towards developing a sustainable urban health system
- Major indicative tasks of the consultant(s) were:
- Conduct introductory meetings/orientation with relevant stakeholder to brief on the methodology of assessment and develop an action plan
- Assess existing urban primary health care data collection, storage, analysis and reporting mechanism for the development of a potential HMIS mechanism of the service provider or the Dhaka North and South City Corporations.
- Assess technical requirements of DHIS-2 based HMIS platform in consultation with DGHS-MIS. Linkages and inter-operability of different systems. Propose policy/guideline how MoLGRD&C or LGI (City corporation or Municipality) can establish a system to manage Urban HMIS and developed a Urban HMIS integrated with national HMIS(DHIS2)
- Ensure process documentation at each development stages
- Develop required training manual or module
- Organize workshop with all stakeholders to build consensus on the common indicators on health and nutrition and flow of reporting of the indicators.
- Organize dissemination workshop with respective stakeholders to share the assessment of Urban HMIS findings with a specific focus on required advocacy and communication in HMIS improvements and use of data in decision making and final report submission.