Funding and implementation partner
Contracted by University of Oslo. Funded by UNICEF Bangladesh. Implementation Partner: Director General of Health Service
Start Date: 1 September 2017
Major task / Deliverables
- Design new and enhanced national health information systems using the DHIS 2 platform. Work with UNICEF and Ministry of Health in Bangladesh in designing systems tailored to local contexts and needs.
- Gather requirements, initiate new architectural features, enhancements and innovations with the development team, test and follow new features from development to production.
- Develop local apps and innovations to cover country needs vs platform functionality gaps, and push the utilization of the generic platform to new areas of use.
- Contribute to the university’s action research coupled with innovation practices, which in turn feed into and feed off processes of platform development and capacity strengthening.
- Develop, pilot and test learning material that documents:
- New features, knowledge and innovations in the DHIS2 software
- Best practice in implementation of DHIS 2
- Plan and conduct academies and trainings on new features and innovations in the DHIS2 software
- Develop regionally relevant training material and methodologies
- Contribute to the complex and innovative task of developing software to support health information systems in countries, including
- Be part of building capacity and sustainability in UNICEF, MoH and HISP team in Bangladesh.
- Document the current situation in Bangladesh in terms of servers, state of databases, other system details (potential interoperable linkages for interoperability) and all existing tracker related systems.