Support DHIS-2 Implementation and for overall strengthening of Health Management Information System (HMIS) Platform in Maldives
Funding and implementation partner
World Health Organization, Maldives. Implementation Partner: Ministry of Health, Maldives.
Start Date: 1 September 2017
Major task / Deliverables
- Review the existing reporting system and available data / meta data, data storage system and IT capacity in MoH in place and provide support to establish a governing body for oversee the implementation of DHIS2 at national level.
- Identify priority aggregated data sets need to be introduced in DHIS2 in consultation with MoH and WCO.
- Configure cloud computing environment on a dedicated server identified by MoH with access to all TUs and administrative levels (up-to island) with appropriate rights at all level of users.
- Create a user friendly data entry interface and support MoH in data collection actions from island / Atolls / regional hospitals including forms/formats in line with the current reporting formats being used in Maldives.
- Import the legacy data in to DHIS2 and create relevant dashboards for health programmes as identified by MoH / WCO. Conduct a high level DHIS2 training for potential users (including island HW) and data managers.
- Oversee the smooth implementation of DHIS2 in the country and provide operational support to MoH / SEAR ICT from time to time for smooth running of DHIS2 till December 2018.
- Prepare blueprint for system development of requirements specification document to be shared with MOH.